School Rules and Regulations
School rules apply within the school premises at all times and during school functions outside the precinct of the school.
1. GENERAL APPEARANCE
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform, and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- The prescribed school uniform is to be worn by all students when attending school or any school function, or when representing the school.
- Students must wear school attire (e.g. full school uniform or half uniform i.e. PE T-shirt with pants or shorts for boys/PE T-shirt with skirts for girls or CCA attire) when they come back to school for any activities on Saturdays and during school holidays.
- Wear the school tie on Tuesdays or Thursdays during School Assembly and stipulated school functions.
- Wear plains white socks with white colour shoes that have simple, coloured patterns/logos.
- All students must be neat in appearance.
- Keep fingernails short and clean. No varnish is allowed.
- Hair must be short and neat; back with a slope.
- Hair must not cover the ear and the forehead.
- Hair must not be tinted, dyed or gelled.
- No punky or spiky hairstyle is allowed.
- Must be clean-shaven and no facial hair is allowed
- Hair must not be tinted, dyed or gelled.
- Hair that is longer than the upper end of the collar must be tied up neatly.
- Fringes are not to touch the eyebrows.
- Wear only black or navy blue ribbons/hair band/hair clips.
- No punky or permed hairstyle is allowed. No hair extension is allowed.
- Only one pair of circular ear studs (in black, blue or gold studs) that are no more than 0.5 cm in diameter is allowed.
The following practices are Not Allowed for all students:
- Wearing coloured/fanciful contact lenses or outlandish/tinted spectacles.
- Wearing sandals or flip-flops unless on medical grounds. In such cases, students must produce a medical certificate or produce a letter endorsed by parents/guardians.
- Wearing all forms of jewellery and accessories, e.g. caps, piercing studs/ear sticks (for boys), rings, chains, pendants.
- Wearing cosmetics.
PE & CCA Attire
- All students must wear the school PE attire with their T-shirt tucked in.
- The school uniform should be worn over the PE attire during the flag-raising ceremony and in class before PE lesson.
- After the PE lesson, students are to change into their school uniform only during recess.
- After recess, all students must be in their full school uniform.
- All students must be in their appropriate PE/CCA attire when reporting and participating in their CCA activities.
2. ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
- Attendance in school is compulsory. Form teachers will check and confirm the daily attendance before the flag raising ceremony.
- Absence from school must be covered by a medical certificate.
- Students who need to leave the school premises during school hours must seek permission from the Form Teacher/Co-Form Teacher and fill in the form on ‘Permission to Leave the School’. Parents/Guardian must be notified to accompany the student home.
- All students must be punctual when reporting for class or any school activity. Students who do not have a good reason for being late will face disciplinary action.
- Students are not allowed to leave Singapore during term time.
Flag Raising Ceremony
Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Music is played over the PA system at 0725h (0825h on Wednesdays) as a signal for students to assemble at the parade ground. The flag raising ceremony will start at 0730h (0830h on Wednesdays).
- All students must stand at attention when singing the National Anthem and reciting the Pledge.
- All students are to assemble and dismiss in a quiet and orderly manner under the supervision of the Discipline and Form Teachers.
3. GENERAL CONDUCT
- All students are expected to be well-behaved, polite and courteous at all times.
- Students are expected to show respect by greeting their teachers when they meet them.
- Students must treat school property with care. No students are to tamper with fire extinguishers which are used only during emergencies.
- Students must conduct themselves in such a manner that they do not bring discredit to the school.
- Student must not loiter in the void decks of flats in the neighbourhood after schools hours.
- Students must not litter the school premises.
- All students must use the pedestrian overhead bridge when crossing street 41 and the pedestrian crossing along street 42.
Behaviour During Curriculum Time
- Students must ensure that a conducive environment for learning is present when lessons are conducted,
- Students are required to maintain cleanliness in the classroom and school premises.
- Students are not to leave their books in the classroom after lessons are over.
- No food or drinks of any kind is to be consumed in the classrooms.
- Movement to and from classrooms should be brisk and orderly. Students should move in tow neat files.
- Only the teacher taking the class may grant students permission to leave the class.
- Students who leave the classroom must wear the Permission Pass issued by the subject teacher.
Behaviour During Recess
- Students must queue up when buying food.
- All food must be consumed in the canteen,
- Used crockery and bottles must be returned to the respective stalls or to the receptacles provided in the canteen. Students are to ensure that leftovers and unwanted food are thrown into the bins provided and not left on the tables.
- All students must return to their classrooms immediately when the bell rings to signal the end of recess.
4. GROSS MISCONDUCT
The following are considered very serious offences and may lead to student being severely punished, which could be in the form of caning, internal/external suspension and as a last resort, expulsion from the school.
- Smoking, stealing, gambling, fighting and hooliganism
- Use of abusive or foul language
- Insubordination and insolence to teachers and student leaders
- Forging signatures of parents and persons of authority
- Persistent non-conformity with school rules
- Misbehaviour in or outside school that is detrimental to the good name of the school
- Wilful absenteeism
5. ELECTONIC DEVICES / GAME CARDS
- Students are not allowed to bring electronic games (eg. PSP, Gameboy) and poker cards to school.
- All mobile phones must be switched off and not visible during lessons at all times. Use of handphones are not allowed in the classroom block (0740-1400 hrs). Students are allowed to use their handphones only during recess and after curriculum time. Students who do not comply with the school rules on the use of hanphone would have the privilege withdrawn.